Interesting facts about Arusha
1. Arusha is considered the de facto capital of East Africa and is an important international diplomatic center of the country.
2. Arusha city is also called the Geneva of Africa, one of the most prosperous cities of Tanzania and a peaceful idyll of relaxation before the start of an exciting journey.
3. Since 1994, Arusha city has been hosting the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda.
4. Arusha city was first inhabited in the 1830s by the agro-pastoral Arusha Maasai from the Arusha Chini community, south of Kilimanjaro. They exchanged grains, honey, beer and tobacco with the pastoral Kisongo Maasai in exchange for livestock, milk, meat and skins.
5. Although Arusha city is close to the equator, its high location on the southern slopes of Mount Meru keeps temperatures and humidity relatively low.
6. “Arusha city is the city of my roots. I have lived here for 13 years,” said Marjolijn Pronk, founder and owner of Explore Tanzania.
Tanzania Travel Guide| Climb Kilimanjaro and Meru | Beach Holidays | Mwanza Travel Guide |Dar-es-salaam Travel Guide |Dodoma Travel Guide | Tanga Travel Guide | Mbeya Travel Guide | Arusha Travel Guide | Tanzania Safari and Tours | Africa Safari Forums | African Safari Questions and answers | Expat Guide |Kilimanjaro Guide|Lemosho Route|Machame Route |Tanzanian |Volunteers Guide |Volunteer Tanzania |Volunteer in Arusha