Closest airports and cities to Ngorongoro
Closest airports and cities to Ngorongoro: A protected area and World Heritage Site located in northern Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area is 180 kilometres (110 miles) west of Arusha in the Crater Highlands. It falls within the Serengeti ecosystem, and it’s not uncommon to see Maasai tribes living alongside the abundant wildlife found here. It’s a perfect spot to see wildebeest, who cross the region during their annual migration.
Closest airports and cities to Ngorongoro:
Kilimanjaro Airport to Ngorongoro
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO), the second largest airport in Tanzania, has regular flights to major cities nearby as well as all around the world.
- From Kilimanjaro International Airport to Ngorongoro Crater it is approximately 230 kilometres, about a 5-hour drive.
Arusha to Ngorongoro
- Arusha Airport (ARK) is a small airport, but the closest airport to Ngorongoro. It can be reached on a regional plane from one of the nearby international airports.
- The distance from Arusha airport to Ngorongoro Crater is about 170 kilometres. That’s about a 3-hour drive by car. Be aware that the roads are not in great condition and you can expect gravel.
Nairobi to Ngorongoro
- Nairobi to Ngorongoro is about a 7-8 hour drive with a distance of more than 400 kilometres. Driving on your own can be very exhausting, and you will have to search for petrol stations. A better alternative would be to fly into Nairobi and then take a local flight into Arusha.
Tanzania Travel Guide| Climb Kilimanjaro and Meru | Beach Holidays | Mwanza Travel Guide |Dar-es-salaam Travel Guide |Dodoma Travel Guide | Tanga Travel Guide | Mbeya Travel Guide | Arusha Travel Guide | Tanzania Safari and Tours | Africa Safari Forums | African Safari Questions and answers | Expat Guide |Kilimanjaro Guide