Important things Before Relocating to Arusha
Accommodation, school, security – those are just some of the things expats should keep in mind when planning their move to Nairobi. Here are some tips for future expats, to make their life in Kenya the best that it can be.
Tanzania is a country which boasts beautiful beaches, a cosmopolitan capital and fantastic wildlife. With its rich multi-cultural background and tribal influences, Tanzania is full of things to do and places to see and it’s no wonder that the expat community is constantly growing and thriving boasting a strong economy and plenty of opportunities for both families and professionals.
Before you rush to book your one-way ticket, however, here are a few things that you need to consider before coming over, especially if it’s your first time in the country.
- #1. Where to live – it sounds a bit obvious I know, but like any city there are certain areas that you should steer clear from.
- #2. Where you choose to send your child to school in Arusha?
- #3. Security.
- #4. Get yourself a four-wheel drive. These cars are the only cars worth driving in and around Tanzania.
- #5. Make sure to get a work permit before re-locating.
- #6. Invest in a lot of candles and some strong torches.
If you have the above areas covered, then you might as well jump on the next plane to Arusha and start to enjoy the experience. Tanzania is a fantastic country, which boasts one of the best climates all year round, ensuring you get that tan and constant supply of vitamin D!
It’s a country where you learn to expect the unexpected and you have to have a great sense of humor while out there. Although the list of things to look into may seem slightly daunting, it will be worth it and all the hassle will seem like a distant memory while you are sipping a Kilimankaro or Tusker (East African beers) and watching a herd of elephants in the distance.
Leave an answer
You must login or register to add a new answer.