Keeping Safe in Arusha | Arusha Guide
Keeping safe in Arusha: Arusha is said to be one of the safest Cities in Tanzania, and while I have been living in Many Cities, I have always felt relatively safe and have never faced any issues.
However like everywhere in the world, there is crime and you should always use your common sense and take precautions. Recent statistics have shown that house and street crime is on the rise in Arusha and other places like Dar es Salaam.
Some safety tips to keep in mind:
- #1. Rent a house in a gated compound with security guards and/or dogs. Alarms and CCTV is important
- #2. Keep valuables out of sight on public transport and city centres
- #3. Do not walk around at night. Use taxis if you need to
- #4. Carry your consulate and doctors information with you at all times
- #5. Dress modestly, particularly in Zanzibar, to avoid unwanted attention
- #6. When driving in cities, keep your doors locked, your windows up, and your valuables out of sight
More Arusha Trip Ideas
Planning your Arusha trip? Whether you’re looking for things to do in Arusha such as events and attractions, key traveller information to make your Arusha visit run smoothly or are planning where to stay in Arusha, you’ll find everything you need for your Arusha holiday on Our Website. Arusha City Travel guide has the information about latest events not to miss while you visit Arusha – there’s always something going on, so don’t miss out on the latest exhibitions, shows and more on your trip to Arusha.
Discover the best day trips from Arusha or try one of the best Arusha tours. If you’re here as a family, you’ll find plenty of things to do in Arusha with kids and find suitable accommodation such as Arusha holiday apartments. Whether you’re looking for the best weekend breaks in Arusha or planning a longer holiday in Tanzania, you can be sure you’ll find all the information you need.
Tanzania Travel Guide| Climb Kilimanjaro and Meru | Beach Holidays in Zanzibar | Mwanza Travel Guide |Dar-es-salaam Travel Guide |Dodoma Travel Guide | Tanga Travel Guide | Mbeya Travel Guide | Arusha Travel Guide | Tanzania Safari and Tours | Africa Safari Forums | African Safari Questions and answers | Expat Guide