Endoro falls Walking | Karatu tours
- Endoro Falls is located on the southern edge of the Ngorongoro forest. It is easily accessed from a newly-opened trail near Gibbs Farm in Karatu. The walk takes you through the forest, the elephant caves and Endoro Waterfalls. This is a 2-3 hour moderate hike and beauty of this trek lies in the fact that you get to be in a completely unspoilt forest.
On a typical visit, you can come across Dik Dik (the world’s smallest antelope) and other forest creatures, including amazing bird life. Elephants also frequent this forest for its salt as this is evident from the cave-like structure that has been carved by elephants in search of this important nutrient.
- How to get to Endoro: 2 hours drive from Arusha, 1 hour from any lodge in Ngorongoro and 10minutes drive from Karatu area.
- What to do: Bird watching, hike in the forest, tree planting.
- Where to stay: Any of the lodges in Karatu area or see a comprehensive list under Ngorongoro.
- When to go: All year around except months of April/May when it is wet.
Experiencing Endoro Falls Walk: This program can be a half day addition to your existing safari itinerary. Ask us for ideas and an itinerary.
More Arusha Trip Ideas
Planning your Arusha trip? Whether you’re looking for things to do in Arusha such as events and attractions, key traveller information to make your Arusha visit run smoothly or are planning where to stay in Arusha, you’ll find everything you need for your Arusha holiday on Our Website. Arusha City Travel guide has the information about latest events not to miss while you visit Arusha – there’s always something going on, so don’t miss out on the latest exhibitions, shows and more on your trip to Arusha.
Discover the best day trips from Arusha or try one of the best Arusha tours. If you’re here as a family, you’ll find plenty of things to do in Arusha with kids and find suitable accommodation such as Arusha holiday apartments. Whether you’re looking for the best weekend breaks in Arusha or planning a longer holiday in Tanzania, you can be sure you’ll find all the information you need.
Tanzania Travel Guide | Climb Kilimanjaro and Meru | Beach Holidays in Zanzibar | Mwanza Travel Guide |Dar-es-salaam Travel Guide |Dodoma Travel Guide | Tanga Travel Guide | Mbeya Travel Guide | Arusha Travel Guide | Tanzania Safari and Tours | Africa Safari Forums | African Safari Questions and answers | Expat Guide